Skip to main content

Learning Indonesian Through Advertisement.


"Beli dua gratis satu" said one of Thai student who was promoting his selling item. Students first grade at the Pirayanawin Klonghin WIttaya School Thailand are learning Indonesian through topic about advertisement.

Indonesian language is one of Foreign language was though in this School. There is Chinese, Arabic, and Melayu language as a foreign language also thought in this school. This school was thought Indonesian language for beginners. one of topic is Advertisement.

My Expirience


Now I will write my experience about How I teach in this school...
Early morning I come to the class to prepare all material before the class start. A lot of sample advertisement from Indonesia, I have got from internet last night. I print out and I am ready to make a group activity today an order the students to read the advertisement presenting in front of the class. 

After I give a greeting to the students and I give introduction about the topic. I am explaining about meaning of advertisement in Indonesia. That is a lot of vocabulary that students should know for example Promosi it's been promotion, discount, beli dua gratis satu to it's mean buy one get one. After I explained about advertisement, I'm asking to the students to read the advertisement that I share in each group. After that I the students to play to perform in front of the class.

Alfina Wardani (center) with the students after class Indonesian language 


Effective Learning


Teaching Indonesian to foreign students needs different strategies.This is one of Strategy of learning Indonesian languages create by teacher. This strategy shown effective to bring foreign learner improve their skills : listening, speaking and reading. they can express how to use Indonesian words, idioms and sentence for promote.

Advertising is a potential medium used in learning languages. 

For beginners, it necessary to learn simple words and sentences. The word in advertisements is helpful by learners because those words often used in native speaker in daily communication. Learners also learn how to pronounce word correctly. At first they will understand the story and they know how to use the word in
the right situation.


Teacher will  make a lesson plan to prepare teaching. prepare material about Indonesian advertisement.  Activity: Students read the advertisement. Students ask to the teacher about vocabulary in the advertisement. And Students show role play of advertisement. This topic will give alot of input new words for learner. Students also can use dictionary to find a words in the advertisement.students response very excitement learn with this topic.

I hope my experience can give inspirations for another teacher. How to use advertisement media in learning Indonesian language for beginner. If you want to discuss or you have any question please comment bellow or if you want to joint in APPBIPA THAILAND please click here. Thank you and Happy teaching.

Author: Alfina Wardani
BIPA Teacher

Comments

  1. This post is very meaningful and magnificent which you have shared here about the indonesian language. It is very informative in reading. I was looking for this type of blog for the last couple of days because I was little confused about this. Thanks for sharing this article here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative article, Which you have shared here. If you are looking for the online course to learn new language then communityofbabel.com is here for you. If you know more about the courses go through Learn Egyptian Arabic Online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Visiting Class by Native Speaker "Mas Adi " from Makasar

I was get message from Kent, He is informed that there is one of Indonesian visit Phitsanulok today. I have just read in the mobile phones. After that I repply that we can make appointment to invite him meet to the Naresuan students who study Indonesian Language. Kent come with him to the class room around 13.00 a clock. This class is Language Social Culture course, 3 SKS (credit semester ) two times a week. Activity This Native activity is active learning between native and language learner. Learner can interact and communicate with the Native. The purpose of this activity is to give expirience to the language learner to apply what they learn in the course and try to practice with the native. Mas  Adi the Native from Makasar has come to give knowledge to the students in Naresuan about Indonesia. He also give some information about Makasar, Yogyakarta. He feel proud and thank that Student that could present Indonesian tradition very well into Indonesian language. After cl...

Indonesian course for Travel Guide in Thailand

Halo apakabar Intaners, Admin will give a new information about Indonesian language course for Tour Guide. Open Indonesian course for Travel Guide This course pupose to give you Indonesian Language skill to be Tourist Guide. You know that alot of tourist come from Indonesia come to Thailand and they need Thai who can help them to communicate with Indonesian language.  Lampang Inter Tech College  open Three language course : English, Chinese and Indonesian.  so check tha date and contact bellow  Indonesian Language course in Chiang Mai You will learn how to work as a Indonesian Tourist Guide. This Course for Thai speaker. You will learn 20 hours. You can get reading, listening, writing, and speaking Indonesian. Indonesian language is not difficult, you can reach your skill easy.  Location The Kannas Hotel located in Chiang mai, hailand Contact person: สนใจติดต่อ 0979232948 ผอ.จันทร์​เพ็ญ​ เจ้าก​ลดี​ 0835659797​ อ.ป้าเลิศ(อังกฤษ​ 0951418558 อ.ยอด(บาฮาซา)​ 084175...